Thursday, July 8, 2010

A WISH

If there is only one thing you get (I do sincerely hope you get more than that) out of this book, it’s the concept of market cycles. It’s my wish that when you think of me, you think, “Yeah, that’s The Wave girl and her market cycles.” I hope you get so sick of me talking about them that you are bludgeoned into using them! I hope that you see that unless you know what cycle your strategy was designed for, your success will be hit or miss.

I hope that you take the time to understand what cycles your strategies are designed to take advantage of and also your indicators. There is not a more important concept than this, and the great part is that it will work and improve anyone’s trading because it applies to every type of entry there is. Most of the time when I see traders struggling, it’s because they don’t know when to apply a particular strategy. They continually feel like they are buying when they should be selling and selling when they should be buying! And that’s because oftentimes they are!

Market cycles let you know the difference between a correction and a reversal. They let you know whether a support or resistance level should be bought or sold. They let you know when the market is range bounce waiting for a breakout and when you should trend follow. I am standing on the shoulders of giants whose words seem to have been lost or forgotten by too many traders. I hope that you will see that the single best thing you can do right now, at this exact moment, is understand that without first identifying the cycle of the market, you are at best simply guessing at how you should trade the market.